Simone Jude is a filmmaker and composer based in San Francisco with a love of visual storytelling and cinematic tension. She studied film at USC and NYU Tisch School of the Arts, where she earned a BFA in film and television production. Simone recently released her second feature documentary, ‘Public Sex, Private Lives’, a film exploring the private lives of porn performers. Simone is the Director of Production for Moving Portraits, a boutique filmmaking company specializing in micro-documentaries.
Simone’s films have screened internationally, with her short film ‘Lorelei Lee’ winning ‘Best Director’ at Hot Docs International Film Fest in Toronto in 2009. Her debut feature documentary, ‘Immaculate Confession’, a film on priests and nuns who fall in love, premiered at the United Nations Film Festival in 2008. Simone also shot and directed the music video for ‘Situation’ by Ex-Boyfriends, which premiered internationally on Logo Television.
Recent projects include: ‘About Cherry,’ starring Lily Taylor, Heather Graham, and James Franco, and premiering at the Berlin International Film Festival (assistant camera); ‘Fluid,’ a short that premiered at Frameline (director of photography); ‘Kink,’ a documentary feature on the SF Armory directed by James Franco (camera); and ‘Mother Country’, which screened most recently at the SF IndieFest (original score). When she’s not making movie magic, she likes to walk up Bernal with her dog, ride her motorcycle, and play scrabble.
- Director, Cinematographer, ‘Public Sex, private Lives’ (feature doc, 2013)
- Camera Operator, Kink, (feature doc, 2013)
- Music, ‘Couchsurfing’ (promo video, 2011)
- Director of Photography, ‘Fluid’ (narrative short, 2011)
- Original Score, ‘Mother Country’ (feature film, 2011)
- Co-Director, Cinematographer, Original Score, ‘Lorelei Lee’ (short film, 2008)
- Original Score, ‘Fiona’s Script’ (feature film, 2008)
- Director, Cinematographer, ‘Situation’ (music video, 2008)
- Director, Cinematographer, Original Score, ‘Immaculate Confession’ (feature documentary film, 2006)
- Music, ‘Trouble’, Tartufi (album, Acuarela Records, 2006)
- Camera Operator, ‘The Bridge’ (feature doc, 2005)
- Music, ‘So We Are Alive’, Tartufi (album, Thread Records, 2005)